Free health care clinics in Kentucky.
Find free clinics in Kentucky that provide assistance to low-income families, people without insurance as well as the underinsured among others. A number of charities, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) near you as well as non-profits operate in the state. They offer free medical care, substance abuse assistance, medications, womens health-care assistance and mental health services (as well as much more) to qualified individuals, regardless of their income.
There is assistance for adults, children, households that do not have health insurance and the elderly among others. Find free or low cost community clinics near you below, and there is a referral number at the bottom of the page for other medical assistance programs in Kentucky.
Low income patients can receive free health care or get financial aid. There may be free eye exams, womens medical services, check ups, prescription drugs, diabetes assistance or insulin as well as other care. Others more moderate income households in Kentucky may receive services on a sliding fee scale from community clinics. So a patient will only need to pay what they can afford. Families can even look into medical resources for the under-insured.
Most of the community clinics in Kentucky are non-profit, part of the Federally Qualified Health Center program or rural health clinics. They either receive government funding and/or operate with volunteer doctors, nurses, and medical professionals. Each and every health care center is dedicated to providing the highest quality service at the lowest price.
People who need medical help in Kentucky have other options available to them as well. If a center below can’t meet your needs, be sure to ask about information or referrals to other assistance programs in your county, including additional medical programs. There are many free clinics listed below, or find the locations in Jefferson County, or scroll down for other counties and cities.
There are several free as well as cheap/sliding fee clinics based on county. Will accept government health insurance such as Medicaid. Doctors and nurses offer urology, podiatry, pulmonary medicine, rheumatoloty. A host of comprehensive diagnostic and ancillary services, some at a reduced rate if your income supports a lower bill.
- The address is Knox County, 320 High St, Barbourville Kentucky 40906. Call 606-277-0018
- Menifee County free clinic is at 1919 Main St, Frenchburg KY 40322. Main number is 606-674-9297
- Carter County address - 101 Fraley Miller Plz Ste B, Grayson Kentucky 41143. Call 606-474-2742
- Greenup County free medical clinic is at US Hwy 23 Greenup County Health Dept., Greenup KY 41144. For hours, dial 606-473-6496
- Kentucky Homeplace of Harlan County address is 313 Central St, Harlan KY 40831. For hours, call 606-574-0239
- Knott County has a free health clinic for the low income as well as 59 Cowtown Rd June Buchanan Clinic, Hindman KY 41822. Intake number is 606-785-9884
- Estill County - 152 Richmond Rd, Irvine KY 40336. Main number is 606-723-9902
- Breathitt County location is 1154 Main St, Jackson Kentucky 41339. Call 606-666-7106
- Clay County health clinic is at 105 Main St, Manchester KY 40962. Telephone number is 606-559-1039
- Bath County Health Department - 68 Oberlin St, Owingsville Kentucky 40360. Call 606-674-9297
- Johnson County Kentucky Homeplace - 232 Preston St, Paintsville Kentucky 41240. Main number is 606-349-8842
- Bell County location is 121 Virginia Ave Total Care, Pineville KY 40977. Phone: 606-337-6886
- Floyd County patients can try 104 S Front St, Prestonsburg KY 41653. For hours, call 606-263-8024
- Elliott County Homeplace is at 101 Main St Senior Citizens Building, Sandy Hook KY 41171. Phone - 606-738-5927
Barbourville Family Health Center
The sliding fee, or free clinic, is at 215 North Allison Ave, Barbourville KY 40906. Call 606-546-9287
Nelson County Community Clinic
300 W John Fitch AVE, Bardstown KY 40004. For hours, call 502-349-5990
They offer care for the low-income, uninsured and homeless patients. there are volunteer doctors, dentists, nurses and others. Check-ups, cancer screenings, immunizations, X-rays, lab work and more is offered.
Med Center Health
The location is part of Medical Center Primary Care, 825 E Second Ave, Bowling Green KY 42101. For information, dial 270-901-0629
Get services such as infant, child, adult and older adult care, eye exams, and diabetes management. The free clinic also has family planning, nutrition assistance, counseling and diagnosis and treatment of common ailments for low income people.
The very low income and at risk patients can receive free medical care. Immunizations, physical examinations, and family planning may be available from the government qualified health center. They are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), and help the underserved, poor, immigrants and others i need of free or affordable medical care.
- Buckhorn Medical Clinic is at 72 Buckhorn Clinic Rd, Buckhorn Kentucky 41721. Telephone - 606-398-7141
- Isom Medical Clinic - 105 Isom Plaza, Jeremiah KY 41826. For information on pricing and medical care, dial 606-633-2233
- Pineville Free Medical Clinic is at 251 S Pine St, Pineville KY 40977. Phone: 606-337-3500
- MCHC Leatherwood/Blackey Medical Clinic, 464 Ky Highway 699, Cornettsville, KY 41731-8749. Phone: 606-476-2593
- Main address. 132 Village Center Rd., Harlan, Kentucky 40831-1777. Phone: 606-573-7771
There are multiple free or low cost clinics. Patients can get diabetes management, treatment for minor illnesses as well as women’s health services including pregnancy screening. There is also free medical for single mothers in Kentucky,, pediatric services, work and school physicals, and much more from the non-profit.
- 209 Elm ST, Cloverport KY 40111. Main number is 270-788-3000
- Another health center is at 9798 S HWY 259 McDaniels Family Care Center, Mc Daniels Kentucky 40152. Phone: 270-902-4411
- Location is 1011 Old HWY 60, Hardinsburg KY 40143. Call 270-756-7000
- 1011 Old Hwy 60 in Emergency Room of Hospital, Hardinsburg Kentucky 40143. Phone: 270-756-7000
- MCHC Owsley County Medical Clinic, State Rt 11 Beattyville Rd., Booneville, KY 41314. Phone - 606-593-6395
Rose Garden Center for Hope and Healing
2020 Madison Ave, Covington KY 41012. Call 859-261-0323
Hope Clinic and Pharmacy
The is known as EMHealth. Main address: 105 Daniel Dr, Danville Kentucky 40422. Dial 859-239-2363
A main focus is on giving out free prescription drugs or helping the uninsured or low income apply for patient assistance programs.
Hope Health Clinic
Patients can use the community clinic at 1025 Sanibet Way, La Grange Kentucky 40031. Telephone: 502-225-6711
Community Health Clinic of Hardin and LaRue Counties
1113 Woodland Dr, Elizabethtown KY 42701. Dial 270-763-9589
They focus on kids and teens as part of Pediatrics. Address is 2000 N Elm St, Henderson KY 42420. For hours or an appointment, dial 270-827-3573
St. Luke Free Clinic
Location is 408 W 17th St, Hopkinsville KY 42240. Phone - 270-889-9340
White House Clinic
This local clinic has multiple locations. They offers qualified Kentucky families with numerous services. Some of the assistance includes immunizations, primary and specialty care services in cardiology, ENT, family medicine, flu shots, and so called integrative medicine.
- 305 Estill St., Berea, Kentucky 40403-1742. Call 606-287-7104 for hours.
- 104 Legacy Dr, Berea KY 40403. Phone - 606-986-2323
- Another location is at 30 Stacy Lane Rd., Irvine Kentucky 40336. Intake number is 606-723-0665
- White House Clinic of McKee helps the low income from 1010 Main St South, McKee KY 40447. Dial 606-287-7104
- Richmond location - 401 Highland Park Dr., Richmond Kentucky 40475. Telephone - 859-626-7700
- 401 Highland Park Dr., Richmond, KY 40475-3839. Call 859-626-7700 x4021
Baby Health Service
1590 Harrodsburg Rd next to St. Joseph's Hospital, Lexington KY 40504. For information on services, call 859-278-1781
A major focus is on immigrants, migrant workers, and refugees. They offer free health services provided to anyone, regardless of their ability to pay, ethnicity, or language. The non-profit serves all races, ages, and walks of life in Kentucky. Many of the doctors and medical staff are bilingual and residents of the community.
- Immigrants, refugees and others can use the center at 2349 Richmond Rd, Lexington KY 40502. Call 859-225-4325
- Another location is 210 East Walnut St Jessamine County Health Dept, Nicholasville Kentucky 40356. Telephone - 859-225-4325
Daniel Boone McKee Medical Clinic
25 KY State Highway 290, Mc Kee KY 40447. Call 606-287-5162
In addition to free care, staff and case workers give referrals to other providers of health and social services, such as Medicaid applications, substance abuse, food stamps and mental health services.
University of Kentucky
There is a free Salvation Army Clinic on site at 736 W Main St, Lexington Kentucky 40508. Main number is 859-488-1223
Family Community Clinic
Free or low cost, affordable care is at 1406 E Washington St, Louisville Kentucky 40206. For hours, dial 502-384-8444
Whether Disease screening and control, or financial assistance, a sliding fee clinic help people with no insurance as well as the low income. There are programs for diabetics, the disabled, unemployed residents and others as well.
Hopkins County Community Clinic
Location is 638 N Franklin ST, Madisonville Kentucky 42431. Main number is 270-824-3555
The community health center is at 1216 Paris RD, Mayfield KY 42066. For details, call 270-247-3190
HealthPoint Family Care
There are multiple locations of this federally qualified clinic. They help the low income in Kentucky, people with no health or dental insurance, immigrants, the disabled and others. A wide range of medical services are offered.
Get physical immunizations and examinations, information on prescription drug assistance programs, lab work, cancer screenings and diabetes management. Other free care, or referrals to charitable hospitals, is offered too. Or learn about the financial aid programs, such as emergency health insurance deductible assistance. The Main phone number for appointments at all centers is 859-655-6100.
- 4341 Winston Ave., Covington, Kentucky 41015-1739.
- Address is 1132 Greenup St., Covington, Kentucky 41011-3256.
- Another clinic is at 1001 Scott St., Covington, KY 41011-3123. Dial 859-655-6100
- 1100 Pike St., Covington, KY 41011-2297.
- 103 Landmark Dr., Bellevue, KY 41073-1393. Main phone number is 859-655-6100
- Robertson County - 194 N. Main St., Mount Olivet, KY 41064-8301. Phone - 859-655-6100. Inquire into affordable or free medical care. prenatal care, cancer screening, well-child check-ups. Medical professionals are on site to meet your needs.
- Healthpoint Bracken County, 1551 Augusta Chatham Rd., Augusta, Kentucky 41002-9224. Dial 859-655-6100
Post Clinic Inc
15 Sterling Ave, Mt. Sterling KY 40353. Call 859-498-0231
Audubon Area Community Care Clinic
Free care, medications and more is at 750 Salem Drive, Owensboro Kentucky 42303. Telephone: 270-686-6040
New Hope Clinic
41 S Court St, Owingsville KY 40360. For details, call 606-674-8822
Primary care is provided by volunteer doctors, pediatric nurse practitioners, eye doctors and pediatricians. No child or adults is ever turned away due to inability to pay and insurance status. They also take Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance.
Main address: 619 N 30th St, Paducah Kentucky 42002. Telephone: 877-444-8183
Caldwell County Free Clinic
The low income, poor, and uninsured can get free medical care from 206 W Main St, Princeton KY 42445. For appointments and intake, dial 270-365-0901
Mercy Medical Clinic
The program is known as Operation Care Kentucky, 615 Washington St., Shelbyville Kentucky 40065. Main number is 502-647-4668
Sterling Health Care
Main clinic address - 68 E Elkins St, Stanton KY 40380. Phone: 606-663-2511
Get free or low cost primary and preventive health care services such as treatment for medical problems. they help the elderly, low-income and people with no insurance among others. There is also immunizations, prenatal care, cancer screening, heart check-ups, well-child check-ups, therapy, and some basic dental exams and services.
ARH Morgan County Clinic
Location is 1084 HWY 7, West Liberty Kentucky 41472. Telephone: 606-743-3065
Location is 137 North Main St, Winchester KY 40391. Intake number: 859-737-4022
Get flu and pneumonia vaccines. They give free care to kids including those on KCHIP. There are also prescriptions for medicine, vouchers or laboratory and x-ray services, and referrals to specialty care practitioners or charity hospital care.
Triad Health Systems
One medical center is at 441 US Highway 42 W, Warsaw Kentucky 41095. Call 859-567-1591
Big Sandy Health Care, Inc.
23 Willow Dr, Auxier, KY 41602. Phone - 606-886-8997
Juniper Health, Inc.
Address: 125 Main St., Beattyville, KY 41311-7484. Call 606-464-0151
A charity care program is offered for income qualified patients.
UK North Fork Valley Community Health Center
UKHC, 750 Morton Blvd Bailey, Hazard KY 41701. Dial 606-439-1559
FAIRVIEW COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
Location: 615 7th Ave.
Bowling Green, KY 42101-6921
Call for health care - 270-783-4251
- Another location is at 806 4th Ave., Bowling Green, KY 42101-1720. Phone - 270-783-4251
Cumberland Family Medical Center
360 Keen St.
Burkesville, Kentucky 42717
Clover Fork Clinic Of Evarts
101 Chad St.
Evarts, KY 40828
Telephone - 606-837-2108
Community Health Centers of Western Kentucky
226 Hopkinsville St.
Greenville, KY 42345-1214
Dial - 270-338-5777
Some of what may be offered include OBYN, Family planning, and pregnancy testing. Inquire with the clinic into payment plans.
CHCS OF WESTERN KENTUCKY, INC.
480 Hopkinsville St. Ste 2
Greenville, Kentucky 42345-1124
Eula Hall Health Center
Location 7629 Ky Route 979
Grethel, KY 41631-6304
CLOVER FORK OF HARLAN
112 Railroad St.
Harlan, KY 40831-2361
NORTH FORK VALLEY COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
750 Morton Blvd.
Hazard, KY 41701-9469
Kentucky Mountain Health Alliance
- 1710 N. Main St., Hazard, Kentucky 41701-1278. Call 606-487-9505
- 1009 N. Main St., Hazard, KY 41701-1339. Telephone number is 606-487-9505
JUNIPER HEALTH BREATHITT COUNTY
265 Highway 15 S.
Jackson, KY 41339-7370
Telephone - 606-464-0151
Affordable health care services include emergency medical services, outreach, patient education, and access to prescriptions.
360 W. Loudon Ave.
Lexington, Kentucky 40508-3729
LEXINGTON-FAYETTE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
650 Newtown Pike
Lexington, KY 40508-1113
One of the main public health center in Kentucky. Call for referrals and back check ups.
Bluegrass Farmworker Health Center
Primary address is 151 N. Eagle Creek Dr. Ste 220
Lexington, KY 40509-1892
Park DuValle Community Health Center, Inc.
3015 Wilson Ave.
Louisville, Kentucky 40211-1969
Telephone - 502-772-5027
- Another site is at 2237 Hikes Ln., Louisville, Kentucky 40218-2203. Call 502-772-5027
Family Health Centers
Low income families can get help from one of multiple clinics. Lab work and x-Rays are provided, treatment of acute medical problems, health education and referrals and more aid. Also get prenatal care, primary care, STD or family planning care, well and sick child services. Patients are billed on their ability to pay, or what their Medicaid or health insurance plans will cover. Call 502-774-8631 for the main intake number.
- Iroqouis is at 4100 Taylor Blvd., Louisville, KY 40215-2342. Call 502-778-4201
- Americana is at 4805 Southside Dr., Louisville, Kentucky 40214-2111. Call 502-778-4201. Offers much of what the location above does. Other care in Kentucky may include health maintenance exams, prescription medications, and referrals as needed.
- Southwest clinic is at 9702 Stonestreet Rd., Louisville, KY 40272-6808. Call 502-778-4201
- East Broadway - 914 E. Broadway, Louisville, Kentucky 40204-1037.. Call 502-778-4201
- Portland Center is at 2215 Portland Ave., Louisville, KY 40212-1033. Phone - 502-778-4201. Medical services are billed to patients based on n ability-to-pay your bills basis. Inquire into the medical services offered at this community clinic.
Park DuValle at City View
1015 W. Chestnut St.
Louisville, Kentucky 40203-2048
Call - 502-772-5027
FAIRVIEW COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
Address: 755 W. G L Smith St.
Morgantown, KY 42261-8802
SHELBY VALLEY CLINIC
178 Douglas Pkwy.
Pikeville, KY 41501-6970
This with no or limited health insurance may receive assistance. Diabetic services, check ups, EKGs, home health and immunizations for children.
HOPE FAMILY MEDICAL CENTER
Main address of the community clinic - 835 Parkway Dr.
Salyersville, KY 41465-9250
Volunteer efforts of physicians and other health-care providers may offer some free services.
PARK DUVALLE AT SPENCER COUNTY
311 Reasor Ave.
Taylorsville, Kentucky 40071-8120
A number of free or sliding fee clinics are part of this chain. They are below. Assistance includes Primary and preventive health care services, diabetes and blood pressure checks, eldercare, assistance in applying for Medicaid or Medicare and more. There are also free referrals to other providers of health and social services, such as substance abuse and mental health services.
- Tollesboro Family Health Center & Clinic Pharmacy, 17521 W. Ky 9, Tollesboro, KY 41189. Call 606-796-3029
- There is also the Eleanor Johnson’s Women Center at 211 Ky 59, Vanceburg, KY 41179-7647. Phone: 606-796-3029. Free birth control or pregnancy testing. There is OB/GYN services, prenatal care, and even breast or cervical cancer screening.
- 211 Ky 59, Vanceburg, KY 41179-7647. Phone 606-796-3029. Call to inquire into laboratory and radiological services, specialty care and more. Charity billing may be in place for the poor.
- Lewis County Dental and Primary Care Center is at 211 Ky 59, Vanceburg, KY 41179-7647. Call 606-796-3029. Cleanings, fluoride and other affordable dental care on site.
- 927 Kenton Station Rd., Maysville, KY 41056-9609. Main phone - 606-796-3029
TRIAD HEALTH SYSTEMS COMMUNITY HEALTH CARE CENTER
870 U S. 42 W.
Warsaw, KY 41095
May have information on low cost dental care, mental health and pharmacy services.
MOUNTAIN COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH CORPORATION
226 Medical Plaza Ln.
Whitesburg, KY 41858-7425
Call for medical help - 606-633-4823
Details and locations of other free or sliding fee community clinics in Kentucky
To learn more about free health care in Kentucky, or to find additional community clinics that may be near you, dial 1-800-633-8100. Various other assistance programs exist for the low income and patients who lack health insurance.